Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mini-Portfolio

This is my self portrait I did in Art 55... back when I still had part of my hair dyed blonde (I figured there might be some confusion as to why the contrast is so heavy). I think it turned out well, but I could definitely smooth out the contrast in some of the areas.













This second image is a closeup shot of an M1 Carbine that my partner and I worked on... and by I partner and I, I mostly mean my partner (got sick with some heavy stuff... not fun). I was responsible for supervision (for accuracy of design), lighting, and staging the weapon (as well as making a model that could be played in Left 4 Dead 2... another issue that I dare not discuss). Turned out really well I think.








This is the turnaround video for the carbine, to showcase the weapon in its entirety. Aside from the glowing outline (something which was caused by Adobe Premiere evidently), I'd say it turned out pretty well.

My name is Grant Corvin. I'm doing a double major in Art and Film and in the beginning of my sixth year here. I've complete majority of my GE (upper and lower) and have pretty much gone through about 2/3 of my classes required for my majors. I was original attempted to do a double major in Animation/ Illustration (with the emphasis on animation), but decided to scale it back due to time constraints. I plan to go into making my own features (preferably with writing and acting), and using my art major as a way to have a secondary understanding of staging and layouts should I also enter directing. Even though I'm gone from animation, I still want to take a stab at working on teaching myself the skills to produce small works.

No comments:

Post a Comment